Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Black Friend Finder

So I've decided that if this website really did exisist, I'd go to Hoboken and hook the guy in the post below up with a friend in his area. Cause CLEARLY he's in need. I'm sure there are some other Jersey City and Hoboken peeps that are in need too.

Actually, this makes me think of something I always notice but hadn't found the right blog entry to go into. So I have a pretty diverse group of friends. And am in the most diverse city on the planet so work is pretty mixed. But when I've saved some coworkers on facebook as friends and then briefly look at their other friends and pics....I've notice that I'm usually the only friend of color they have. I mean a few will have a token "person of color" (meaning someone who is racially ambigous....actually sometimes I end up being that person) but it'll be some random person they worked on a project with once their senior year of college but never actually interact with the person. Why is that? Did they seriously only come in contact with 1 black person in all 20-odd years of their life???? I'm not saying these people are prejudice or racist or anything just don't get why that's the case. Every other race has a variety of friends unless your like Cambodian living in freaking Cambodia. Just saying...


No comments: