Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Polar Bear Commercial Pissed Me Off...

Let me preface this post by saying that I understand the impact of global warming and the importance of preserving the planet and animals for future generations. What I don't get is why I just saw what had to have been a 2min TV ad from the World Wildlife Federation asking for donations/support to help save the polar bears.

Let me reiterate....I understand the impact of global warming and the importance of preserving the planet and animals for future generations BUT seriously....F**K the polar bears right now. Why not have a 2min commercial about Darfur...Let's preserve some people.

Beyond that, the US is in a recession! RECESSION...and they want to air commercials about saving some damn bears??!!!

Their cute and cuddly...I get it....the cubs are starving....I get it....but seriously....SERIOUSLY??!! I'm sure there are thousands upon thousands of impoverished women (HUMANS for those who are slow) who, due to the recession, are not able to provide food for their children and therefore the KIDS (little humans for those who are slow) are starving!!!

Polar bears....gotta be kidding me.....

No comments: