Monday, July 6, 2009

Birthday Sex for the 4th of July

Thats an attention getter right?!

So I'll spare the long drawn out story about my parents bright idea to take a roadtrip to ATL (DOING THE MOST!!!) over 4th of July weeked. SOO much happened between the drive down, the time spent in ATL and the drive back that I thought it best to just pull out the 1 thing that I just couldn't get passed the whole trip.

Everyone who has a radio should have heard the song "Birthday Sex" by now. Its a decent song right...pretty catchy right...Well me, my 18 yr old sis, her best friend, my parents and my 2 cousins aged 13 and 7 were in the car..."Birthday Sex" comes on...I'm singing along

"It's your birthday so I know
you want to riiide out,
Even if we only go to myyy house"

While i'm singing, I hear this mousey voice also singing along...so I look around the car to see who else is singing...My sis...nope...her best friend...nope...the 13 yr old nope...

I look to my right and the 7 yr old is singing along....EVERY WORD...

APPALLED FOLKS!!!! SOOO freaking disturbing...so the song goes on to say stuff like

I've been feenin'
Wake up in the late night...dreamin' about your lovin'
Don't need candles or cake
just need your body to make good
Birthday sex

You know what...I'm going to post the song at the end of this post. It's just inapprop for a child to be singing that. Yes I realize and understand that its the responsibility of parents and adults to make sure kids aren't singing/listening to stuff like that but DAMN!!!

Where the hell is the FCC??!!! Slackin on their mackin....CLEARLY. I just dont understand how a song that is CLEARLY about SEX (as it says "sex" at least a dozen times) can be played without censorship at all times of the day??!!!

sigh...

1 comment:

Beez said...

I have a big problem with that too... Kids should be learning the "Conjunction Junction" song or something more enriching, especially at 7! When I was 7, I remember I still thought "sex" was a bad word. You ask these kids what it means now, you're liable to find out more than you ever wanted to know.